How To Unlock iPhone 3G on 2.2 with yellowsn0w
Required firmware : 2.x
Required software : yellowsn0wCompatible devices : iPhone 3G
Its finally here, the long awaited software unlock for the iPhone 3G. Dev team has done a great job. So lets get to it, its pretty simple really.
First you need a jailbroken iPhone 3G, you can read our tutorials on how to jailbreak.
1. After you have jailbroken your iPhone, fire up cydia application installer.
2. Next click manage on the bottom toolbar in cydia.
3. Click Sources
4. Click Edit
5. Click Add
6. Type "apt9.yellowsn0w.com" without the quotes
7. Click Done
8. Click Search back on the main screen of cydia
9. type in "Yellowsn0w" you should see the application come up
10. Click Install -> Confirm and let it install
Reboot your phone with the new sim card installed, goto settings and reset your network settings. Phone will reboot, leave it for 2 minutes, then goto settings turn on airplane mode on, wait 30 seconds, then turn it off, it should start searching for the new provider, you only have to do this once, after that you can just swap the sim cards.